Monday, April 15, 2013

HIPS & CURVES: PLUS SIZE LINGERIE LACE MINI DRESS

As a plus size girl who falls in the apple shape category when it comes to body types, people are often quick to judge and be politically correct when it comes to the word curvy. If you don’t have an hour glass shape or a pear shape people don’t want you to use the word curvy. Some people feel plus size women should never use the word. I personally
believe you cane be plus size and curvy. Being comfortable in my skin and loving my body has allowed me to dismiss those opinions. Not because I’m in denial. Yes, I know I have a gut and I’m a little more round than an hourglass but at the end of the day I celebrate this body of mine. I celebrate all the lumps and bumps. All the rolls and creases. I celebrate my body because it gets me through each day. Even though it’s still a work in progress I’m thankful for it.
-->
 Its easy for us as women to ridicule our bodies and think we are not good enough. We talk ourselves out of wearing certain things because we feel like we are too fat. I refuse to limit myself when it comes to my body. I believe in accentuating the parts of my body I love. One of my favorite parts of my body are my legs. They’re not super toned or anything but I love that they are long and strong. Even though I’m a victim of cellulite I still love my legs and try to show them off any chance I get.  Which is one of the reasons I wear a lot of dresses and skirts.
A few weeks ago plus size lingerie company Hips & Curves reached out to me to review one of their pieces. I said, Abso-freaking-lutley! Hips & Curves offers some really comfort and saucy pieces for plus size women.
Hips & Curves Lace Mini Dress
-->
I chose this lace mini dress because I thought it would be a versatile piece. When we think about lingerie, we only think about wearing it to bed. When contrary to popular belief some lingerie pieces can be incorporated for everyday or it can be perfect for a night out with the girls. The lace mini dress is a perfect example of a versatile lingerie piece. I put the lace mini dress over a black tank dress from ASOS curve to create a top little dress that would be great to wear to a party or club. The mini dress is very short so if you’re taller that 5 foot 8 this would be more of a tunic or top on you.  I would also wear this tucked into a skirt of with jeans, and most definitely leggings. Since its still cold in NYC I actually tucked the dress into a skirt for a friends bachelorette party.

No comments:

Post a Comment