Saturday, April 13, 2013

One-Piece Swimsuits 2013 Fashion Friday

Word on the street is that one-piece swimsuits are on trend this year. It’s been YEARS since I’ve owned a one-piece. I love the convenience of the tankini, and for a while the one-piece suits have seemed rather dated. I’m not sure how I feel about their resurgence.
-->
Of course, I know that I don’t have to participate in the trend, but I’m considering giving it a whirl, and here is why.
At first when the tankini made its debut, it was the perfect mix of form and function. It provided the modesty we mommies craved and allowed us to finally visit the ladies room and take care of business without performing a gymnastic feat to get the suit up and down. Score!
Plus. The early tankinis had nice high waistbands on the bottoms that were able to smooth out the lumps and bumps that tend to grace the postpartum midsection, ifyouknowwhatImean. But in recent years, as low-rise pants have become more popular, I’ve noticed that the rise on the bathing suit bottoms have been lowered as well. I’ve tried and tried to find one with a higher rise to help smooth things out, but they are almost impossible to find. Even the ones that proclaim to have tummy control don’t come up high enough for the control to help matters. And the end result is an unsightly bulge or three — not exactly the look I’m going for.
I also find that the bathing suit tops on tankinis have less support than a one-piece suit because there is nothing to anchor them, which is another source of angst when swimsuit shopping.
Therefore, I do believe I will give the one-piece suit a chance.
I’ve been thumbing through catalogs as they come in the mail and turning down page corners. I’m about to order a few to try. I have a strict policy never to try on bathing suits in those horrid dressing rooms with their harsh lighting and revealing three-way mirrors. Surely a man invented those. I prefer to suffer that embarrassment in the privacy of my own home, thankyouverymuch.
-->
Besides, I do like to get the opinion of a certain gentleman in my life, and he would rather stick sharp needles under his fingernails than accompany me to the department store to witness the trying on of bathing suits. SO. I will order a bunch and return the ones that don’t work for me. Gotta love online ordering!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment